Friday, April 4, 2014

Something simple, something spicy, something sweet: ordering al a carte at Blowin’ Smoke


Situated just over the 37th Street tracks in a refurbished filling station on Habersham , Blowin’ Smoke Southern Cantina offers open air seating and a chockablock of southwest/southern goodies like tequila lime chicken tacos and chipotle mac and cheese—all with a psychedelic flair. It’s also my favorite place to order al a carte.  Their menu is rife with ample al a carte options, but today--I bring you the best items for pleasing any palate. 

SOMETHING SIMPLE // BLACK BEAN SOUP
Folks fancying something simple without compromising taste can spoon into a bowl of simmered black beans with broth, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. The generous dollop of cool sour cream takes this dish to the next level of delicious.  Looking for protein? Add pulled pork for just $2 more.

SOMETHING SPICY // CHIPS AND SALSA
The Chips and Salsa Appetizer might be difficult to screw up, but it’s also equally difficult to spice up. Blowin’ Smoke rises to challenge with what my server called “doctored up” salsa. They start with a bottled salsa base and the chef adds his own twist with garlic and chipotles. The result is a distinctly thick, spicy as heck salsa.  Scoop it up with bubbly, crisp housemade tortilla chips for an al a carte experience you won’t soon forget.


SOMETHING SWEET // SOPAPILLA
A little bit chewy, a little bit crunchy; flash-fried flour tortillas cut into wedges, drenched in honey, and sprinkled with cinnamon. Bring a friend or two along for this sweet south of the border classic. This decadent dessert comes heaped in a basket with plenty to share. Dining alone? With this scrumptious sopapilla to share, you’re bound to make a new friend!

Ordering al a carte?  Fork this, Savannah!

Blowin’ Smoke Southern Cantina is open Sunday - Thursday 11am to 10pm and Friday & Saturday 11am to 11pm. Simple, spicy, and sweet options available all day.

6 comments:

  1. This restaurant sounds awesome. This is some awesome press that your providing them. I especially love the description of the honey and cinnamon drenched tortilla wedges. The sound absolutely delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this place looks really good! I'm not the biggest fan of BBQ, and it's taken me a while to warm up to a few Savannah Staples (Distillery, Foxy Loxy, etc.) so I've put off going to Blowing Smoke, but this place looks quite good. I'll make sure to stop by here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've drove past this place, but never around a time to eat. I'm going to have to change this. It sounds like a pretty delicious place. Class field trip? Smoothly written and I feel as if I have a very good understand of the those menu items and their taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. Did you say Chipotle. Mac. And. Cheese? I NEED this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew this place existed...but it sounds freaking awesome! I'm with Jonathan on this one- Class Field Trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Class field trip to Blowin' Smoke needs to happen.

      Delete